Flanders.health supports VLAIO and is responsible for the programme management of ICONs on Personalized Medicine.
Flanders.health organizes information sessions, offers support with partner matching / consortium building ("Connect") and counsels the establishment of projects ("Carry" and "Cultivate").
The pilot-call "Personalised Medicine" targets the following goals:
1. Build-up of profound, validated knowledge regarding data, biomarkers, and the analysis thereof:
• More widespread availability of data, access to data, better data quality, …
• Improved knowledge and analysis in Flanders of biomarker and pharmacogenomic data of individual patients (or cohorts) for the purpose of diagnostics and treatment.
2. Enablement of a broader application of personalized medicine through innovative clinical studies and personalized technologies:
• Broadening/acceleration of innovative clinical studies in Flanders - studies making use of biomarker / genetically stratified patient groups and/or personalized therapies - for further validation of (pre)clinical and pharmacogenic markers and the collection of supplementary data.
• Development of advanced, personalized technologies for use in research, production, logistics, ... to bring personalized therapies to the patient in a controlled manner.
Priority will be given to diseases with a high medical need and/or a large economic or societal impact
More information about the current call can be found on: